Stock Selection Guide Tools

Welcome to the BetterInvesting Stock Selection Guide Tools Feedback Forum
Submit and Vote on Ideas for SSGPlus, CoreSSG and Stock Comparison Guide Apps

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

26 results found

1. Add Morningstar MOAT rating somewhere. Maybe with ACE.

Companies with a Morningstar Wide or Narrow Moat often have better looking SSGs. Displaying in the SSGPlus saves time going to Morningstar website

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  SSGPlus  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On the SSGPLUS. When I put in the dollar and cents amount in the forecast the cents change from what I have entered. Can this be corrected

On the SSGPLUS. When I put in the dollar and cents amount in the forecast the cents change from what I have entered. Can this be corrected so when I put in the cents is will be what I want not what the program gives me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SSGPlus  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a function of rounding between the Projected High EPS and the Projected EPS growth rate. When you change the Projected High EPS directly, the new value is used to recalculate the Projected EPS growth rate. When the page refreshes, it uses the Projected growth rate to determine the Projected High EPS so it may be different by a few cents. This will not materially change your SSG or its results.

3. Research > Company Website should be changed to company's investor relations webpage

The company website link under the research menu should go to the company's investor relations webpage instead of just the general company main page. When I click on this link it's because I'm looking for the IR info and sometimes have to hunt for it. Or, create a company IR link above the existing company website link in the research menu.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Member Sentiment window

When I get the Member Sentiment window.... it appears "locked" in position.... I would love to be able to move it aside so that I can see and manipulate the info in that window and ALSO see the Analyze SSG screen and the Valuation SSG screen.... The sentiment window covers up the data I want to compare and evaluate...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When adding a stock to a portfolio allow a "Lot" structure so a cost/share can be added allowing for gain/loss reporting throughout

Rather than having to maintain protfolios in mutliple tools, it would be nice if we could have costs per share captured via a "Lot" structure so multiple buys would be accurate and an Avg Cost per share shown.

With this data now captured you would be able to show the pertormance of a portfolio via gain/lose which is something needed when looking to defend a stock or sell and add something else taking the Capital gains hit into consideration.

Currently we can get this in Club accounting or you use yahoo finance portfolio. It would be nice to have this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, the Online Tools are not architected for transactional accounting, which includes buy/sell dates and lot tracking. We may consider adding this to our long-term tools roadmap, but this would be a 100% overhaul of the Online Tools portfolio structure.

6. Better, easier to find BI forum to share ideas

There are two issues:

1) It is almost impossible to find the existing web version of the online BI community forum website from the BI website. Yes, you can find a way to sign up for the email list, but it is difficult to find the forum itself.

2) Search functionality, once you're on the forum page, is not very good. Also, it would be helpful to be able to use a link within a post to find the original post in the thread.

In 2019, there are better forum platforms available with better GUIs. Having an upgraded, easy to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make the preferred Proceedure figures print on page 1 for all to see at a presentation, etc

Make the preferred Proceedure figures print on page 1 for all to see at a presentation, etc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. tab for stock high price

you should have a tab for directly inputting the stock high price because if the stock has no prior earnings, it is impossible to get a sensical high p/e forcast, ie ROKU. We expect earnings in the future but cannot use the SSG because of this problem

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Member Sentiment

Sentiment includes multiple files from same member doing "what if" stuff, not reflecting actual opinion on judgments. Also need to add judgments on PTPM, taxes and # shares. Suggest adding button for analyst to "post" her/his "best and final" SSG for inclusion into the Member Sentiment. Default being not included.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time we are inclined to have the feature reflect as much data as possible. We feel if the studies were not included by default then there would be too much friction to get the user to include it in member sentiment. In March 2023 we added capability to automatically remove outliers which we feel will help the user interpret the data.

10. Eliminate CoreSSG

I have been in BI about twenty years and currently a chapter president. I see no real reason to have SSGCore and those resources could be used on the flagship SSGPlus. I hear this from many BI members all the time. They feel as I in that newbies and experienced members just get quickly get confused or frustrated and jump back to the fast and straight forward SSGPlus. We all like and trust SSGPlus. Not a complain, just my observation.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  CoreSSG  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for writing in! We’re reading your feedback item with interest.
    In our member feedback, we see an increasing trend of confusion over the use of SSGPlus, the basic operation of the online program and the basic concepts of how the Stock Selection Guide process works. This is strongly correlated with the trend towards clubs and chapters encouraging members to ‘just use the SSGPlus’ and skip the fundamentals introduced with the CoreSSG.
    We feel strongly that new users to the online tools and members new to our investing methodology should create at least a few studies with the CoreSSG to understand the fundamentals before jumping into SSGPlus and all of the different views of the data.
    Regards,
    BetterInvesting

11. Mutual Funds

Really would like the research to be able to study Mutual Funds, since many members while investing in stocks, most likely have a 401K or similar program through work that is limited to Mutual Funds and not individual stocks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We previously had a mutual fund analysis product for a long time but ultimately found that there was not enough interest in the BetterInvesting community to fund the $100K+ cost for the mutual fund data feed.
    Regards,
    BetterInvesting

12. Low PE Input

Expand Low PE input on SSG and SSG Plus to include a second decimal place; 20.56. The high PE input has two decimal places. Please expand this field for the Low PE.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Increasing precision on the low P/E or high P/E input does not increase accuracy. We encourage all users to view the SSG as an estimate and therefore P/E and price forecasts use 1 digit of precision. Thank you for pointing out the 2 digits of precision on the SSGPlus high P/E entry! We’ll get that corrected.

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add industries to the search criteria

Because we do industry studies it would be helpful to be able to search on individual industries.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    The online tools screener, by intent, does not have all of the features of MyStockProspector in order maintain a streamlined, easy-to-understand experience. We encourage users, through the link on the page, to investigate MyStockProspector for a more robust screening tools.
    Regards,
    Suzi

15. rewrite it!!

you get it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the ability to import .ssg files to SSG Plus and Core

SSG Plus and SSG Core now allow for importing .itk files. It would also be nice to be able to import .ssg files. Toolkit is able to export in both the .itk and .ssg formats. Our club uses the .ssg format because one member has Stock Analyst, which is unable to import .itk files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. member sentiment make pop up retain

It is hard to compare what I have entered and what the member sentiment is averages are. Is there a way to keep the pop-up member sentiment visible while I review and edit my entries.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Stock Rover to Research/Key Statistic dropdown in SSGPlus

Stock Rover is a very comprehensive research facility that provides near one-stop researching. It does not offer estimates, just the data so better fit is under the Key Statistics drop down. The free version offers more than what most stock researchers would need to produce a quality stock study.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

StockRover does not fit within our general guidelines for research links for a number of reasons:
    1 – the site requires a sign-in by all users. The only other link that is similar to this is SeekingAlpha and that caused some serious discussion. In that case the benefit of an excellent list of transcripts outweighed the login aspect. Additionally on Seeking Alpha’s site you can still see some functionality without logging in.
    2 – The direct, ticker-specific links to Stock Rover’s functionality do not work when using a phone or tablet.
    3 – The information available when reviewing a specific company does not appear to be better or more comprehensive than similar information obtained on other sites.

19. PERT table needs to be full width without scrolling

PERT online view requires scrolling left/right to be able to compare ESTEPSGROWTH to TTMEPSGROWTH. Need to be able to view without scrolling.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    There are too many columns in the PERT report to format all the data on a typical browser without scrolling.
    We’d recommend using the browser zoom at 75% to see all of the data without scrolling horizontally.
    Regards,
    BetterInvesting

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  CoreSSG  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here