Stock Selection Guide Tools

Welcome to the BetterInvesting Stock Selection Guide Tools Feedback Forum
Submit and Vote on Ideas for SSGPlus, CoreSSG and Stock Comparison Guide Apps

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open to New Tabs when clicking the report button of a portfolio and when selecting a stock in the portfolio report

Open to New Tabs when clicking the report button of a portfolio to display a second portfolio report and/or when selecting a stock in the portfolio report. Currently in replaces the portfolio report view and one has to navigate back to the file manager to reopen the original portfolio report.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Portfolio or Club Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a judgment audit like Toolkit

Add a judgment audit like Toolkit. These are algorithms and reporting that examine the user's entered judgment for sales, earnings, high PE, low PE, low price, and/or payout on potential problem areas.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SSGPlus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter-Out Stock Screener Results

In stock screener results,
    One thing i would like is if we could have ability to filter out (i.e. remove say a particular industry, instead of filtering only for a particular industry)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search / Stock Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save state of legend lines with the SSG study

Save the state of the legend lines in SSGPlus so that if the study is copied or shared then the end user sees the same view.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pre-Defined Screens - export to Excel Spreadsheet

Allow one to export the results in an Excel Spreadsheet from the Pre-Defined Screens.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search / Stock Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display Pre-Tax Profit on CoreSSG

Please add the PTP Chart and Line on the CoreSSG. This is fundamental information that helps us determine whether a company is growing.

The chart should be added between Step 1: Historical Sales and Step 2: Historical Earnings Per Share.

Then, the PTP Line could be displayed on the Historical Stock Price Review.

See attached File.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  CoreSSG  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a timestamp to the Member Sentiment study date so we can tell if a number of studies were done in a short period of time.

With a timestamp and the study date, we could see if a number of studies were done at essentialy the same time indicating that they were probably all done by the same person or maybe a lot of studies done after an online presentation like Stock Up or Ticker Talk.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Both CoreSSG and SSGPlus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a bulk add feature to create a portfolio

Allow me to create a portfolio by clicking on existing studies. Ideally, I'd like to also be able to enter the number of shares in a tabular view instead of having to edit each stock in the portfolio.

another bulk add idea would be to be able just list the ticker symbols and then add the judgment to each SSG in the portfolio

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  File Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add company statistics to Visual Analysis

Show company information, sector/industry, shares, debt, insider/institutional ownership on front page.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use Correct Data

The SSG Plus and Core are pulling incorrect data from Morningstar for Gentex resulting in flawed analyses for the companies.

One example is that BI and Morningstar report GNTX released dividends of $0.33 per share for 2018. In fact, GNTX posted dividends of $0.44 per share.

I wonder, how come these basic data are incorrect? What other data are incorrect and resulting in flawed analyses?

Idea: Create a data quality verification algorithm to ensure your vendors are supplying you with correct inputs so your customers (members) can create correct outputs. I would urge you to remember that a vendor's Garbage…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Both CoreSSG and SSGPlus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When you turn on the Net Income line in the SSG, make it show up in Print PDF.

When you turn on the Net Income line in the SSG, make it show up in Print PDF.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow SSG to be created where a ticker is not included in the data feed or from manual data

I am researching an ADR of a company, which trades OTC. (ex: DKILY, Daikin Industries, a $53B market cap company) I am unable to start an SSG in this company, as the ticker is not found in the data.

I think there should be a "manual mode" for the SSG, which would be useful not only for OTC companies, but also companies listed on foreign exchanges. It could also be useful as a learning tool, to find and populate the data, in order to become familiar with their meaning and source.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Both CoreSSG and SSGPlus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Display all prices with two (2) decimal points

The hi and low prices on side #2 take only one digit. Shares are traded in penney's. Price should provide two digits.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Both CoreSSG and SSGPlus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add ability to input prior quarter or year when data is missing from data feed.

1st Quarter of 2016 data for Flowers Foods is missing. I have contacted both BI (June 6) and Morningstar (June 22, July 31, and August 16) to have the data added. It is still not in the data feed and I cannot add a prior quarter of data to the SSG manually to include the missing data.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SSGPlus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save prior selected number of entry rows to show vice default 10 rows

Very annoying to specify a different number of rows to display each time file listing opened. Make this one of the preference default options or have the computer remember my last selected option.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  File Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow the user to select either % high total return or % average total return for reports

In the report summary allow the user to select either the compound total return using the high PE OR the CTR using the average PE.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Portfolio or Club Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When data is changed, keep that data Highlighted

When I unlock and change quarterly, or annual data, keep that data cell highlighted so it can be easily identified when reviewing the data later on.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enhance the Notes Table in SSG Plus to show the notes with new-lines and spacing as formatted when entered.

One issue I have with the site is that the notes are very hard to read. Would it be possible for you to add some code that provided the same "new-line" and "space" formatting as was entered in the table of notes in SSG?
    (Please note that I realize that the note is displayed correctly in the pop-up box if I click on the note in the table)

Here is an example of what I am talking about. I would prefer that notes in the notes table appeared as I entered the note.

Here is how the text appears in…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ROE should be based on start of year equity

Current SSGPlus uses end of year equity vice start. This distorts the intended relationship of the metric for our analyses and in some cases leads to wrong inferences re management effectiveness.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SSGPlus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)